The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi - fifteen Screamer megapixel

Bookmark and Share

After some time for me to explore the camera now have a review of the new Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi (500 D). This camera is the latest in the Digital Rebel series (what I call value price consumer pro models). It falls in the range of $600 to $800, depending on the accessories and lenses.

For me, the XSi was a giant step in megapixels. My first digital camera was the tendency of original setting 6.3 megapixel 300 Digital Rebel D which I have used for thousands of photos of recent years. It worked great for me and gave me many an update until the market reaches the rank of 15 ++ megapixels. Then, my wonderful wife, gave me a great of this new camera birthday gift.

He ordered it from Amazon, got in several days and began to shoot immediately. The first thing I remember is that the camera with EF-S 18-55 lens kit did not include a flash media device (using SDHC cards). Now what you was thinking of Canon ? If I had not remembered to read the fine print, already should waiting to collect one before I take my first picture. This is like buying a car, but did not include tires.

Well, with the out of the way, the camera is great. It has a 3 LCD screen "in the back that shows not only images in review, but the configuration that has." In the majority of counts, the XSi offers some pretty nice specs, highlighted 15 megapixel APS-C size CMOS sensor (for traditional Canon1.6 x focal length multiplier) and the same AF system selectable by user of nine points as the XSi predecessor. APS-C sized sensor means that it is a "trimmed" sensor that captures a view slightly smaller than traditional 35 mm cameras or professional cameras great Canon and costs in the range of $2500. I drool thinking about the possibilities.

The camera has received critical acclaim for its image quality and I can say that human photographer is the weak point only to get a good shot. The range of sizes of small.jpg picture is RAW. I shoot mostly in RAW mode (this is a very large file, but all the information is available for use in Photoshop).

A really great feature is that it shoots video too. Although not quite as robust as in the EOS 5 D Mark II, which supports 30 fps for his capture of 1080p, XSI video still exceeds that of the Nikon D5000 which is limited to 24 fps 720 p. The quality of the film is solid, but stick with the p 30 fps 720 and avoid mode HD 1, 920 x 1, 080 because it is only 20 fps, and the movement is somewhat irregular. You can manually invoke AF while you are shooting, it is useful, but remember that it is slow and fragile. Start the approach creates some irregularities, but at least you do not stop, focus and restart; I definitely prefer to have the option. Like many low-end deployments, use mono audio (there is no microphone input).

I had the opportunity to shoot a major tennis tournament in October and got some great shots of legends of tennis Todd Martin, Andre Agassi and Jimmy Arias (among others). The camera was great in less than perfect lighting for night matches. I have used the auto ISO setting and extended setting the camera for ser fast enough to capture the action with some blur very artistic ball and racquets. The.

These Auto ISO adjust me got in trouble several weeks later when I was in the mountains trying to get shots of the colors of autumn with Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB). AEB I have used before and works very well, and allow some great opportunity to HDR fusion of shots later. However, it is logical if you are shooting in Auto bracketing have that turn off Auto ISO all configurations of car in conflict and creating an image which averages everything to the most boring way. Now I know better.

In all the Canon XSi is great camera for advanced amateurs and professionals challenged the cost. I will stick with this until I can find out how to get one of the big boys of Canon . I hope many years of shooting and learning about how to capture the beauty of nature in a digital image.




Randy Jackson is an experienced photographer from Arizona. His picture is on the nature and events such as sports and public functions. He writes about photography and the technology on his blog and showing their work in a photography site. More information can be obtained about Randy on his blog: thoughts at random from a photographer.




Related Posts by Categories



{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment